Submitting Change Requests. To solicit approval for a change, provide a complete description of the proposed changes with drawings showing the work to be performed. In most cases, the same documents that are submitted to your local preservation commission will suffice for our review. The submission should include:
- Plan, elevation, relevant sections and details;
- Materials to be used;
- Photos or drawings and descriptive materials from manufacturers for windows, doors, light fixtures, etc., showing details of the features for which you are requesting approval;
- Color chips or other color identification, if exterior color changes are proposed; and
- Historic photographs or drawings of your building.
Please contact us with any questions about requesting change approvals at our telephone or e-mail shown below. Change requests should be submitted to the Trust as follows:
- By email at: email@example.com
- By regular mail or hand delivery at:
Capitol Historic Trust
2424 Tracy Place, NW
Washington, DC 20008
Responding to Change Requests. We will normally respond within two weeks to change requests. In the circumstance where the changes are large-scale and more time is needed for review, we will specify, within five working days, when you can expect a final decision.
Please note that we are independent of any local preservation commission. Neither our decision nor the decision of the local commission takes precedence over the other's decision concerning a proposed change to your building.